Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Unique Discoveries




























When moving to a new town it's always fun to see just what makes the area in which you live unique. We have been doing some exploring and, let me tell you, this area does not disappoint when it comes to quirky and unusual things that make it an interesting part of the country. Where else can you buy fresh tacos at the gas station? Or be nearly attacked by giant tumbleweeds! Eek! Or be surrounded by multiple orchards and vineyards. This is the apple capital of the world, you know.
Hubby and I took a little sightseeing drive and came across a tiny neighboring town with a population of 2500 that has an unusual claim to fame. Apparently, there were some dinosaur fossils found in the area and so the town decided to capitalize on this. There are all of these dinosaur sculptures throughout the town. There is also the cutest little park with a pond that I can't wait to take the grandboys to when they visit. As we kept driving, we came upon a sign that just made me laugh and feel a little queezy all at the same time. I've seen a similar sign for rabbits, and it gave me the same feeling. Hope you enjoy this photo montage of a place I am beginning to call home.

No comments:

Post a Comment