Friday, May 29, 2009

Let's Walk Around My House

Welcome! Let's start at my kitchen table. See this little plate? It's one of my favorite things. If you can't read it it says, "May this house to every guest be a place of peace and rest." I hope you enjoy being my guest :)
We are now looking out my kitchen window above my sink. This is the view I see whenever I'm doing the dishes. That's a small fruit orchard in front of the two-story home. It was in full bloom a couple of weeks ago!

Let's step outside. This is the front view of my little rental cottage. It's been interesting renting again after all these years as a homeowner. But this is a lovely little place, and I'm getting the knack of scaling down.

I don't know if you noticed , but when we opened the front door these Iris were the first thing to greet us. Aren't they lovely? I just planted some white allysum seeds beneath them. Can't wait until they come up. I love the fragrance that sweet allysum gives off!
Now let's go into the backyard. I just finished planting a small (we're talkin' tiny) garden in this area. Some green beans, squash, basil, and a sunflower will be popping up! Also, the blue planter is waiting for a large tomato plant to potted in it. I'll show the bounty of it all in a couple of months...maybe sooner :)

This is our patch of concrete, better known as the patio. Only a fraction of our patio furniture would fit in this space. The rest is in storage. I took this pic in the morning when there is full sun. Fortunately, in the late afternoon and early evening this is the most pleasant side of the house for relaxing. Really happy about that!

Here's a look at another corner of my backyard. This birdhouse is one of my sentimental treasures. A dear friend gave it to me. It was made from scraps of old barn wood by another creative friend that we both know. I love it. Well, that's the tour! Thanks for walking around my house with me. Hope you enjoyed it. Now, let's go get a glass of lemonade!






No comments:

Post a Comment