Monday, May 11, 2009

Sunday Celebration









Today I'm back at the cottage in Tumbleweed Town. (this is what I'm calling it because there are more tumbleweeds here than I've ever seen!) I had a really memorable Mother's Day weekend. It was wonderful! We spent Saturday mowing and trimming the lawn at Gopher Hill. (the pending sale is due to close on the 22nd. Fingers are definitely crossed.) The yard looked great when we finished, but I admit I am not going to miss the 2 hours it takes to mow 4 acres in grass!! Or, the extensive amount of time it takes to weed two raised garden beds and a large garden.
We were planning on a family picnic in a park for Sunday with catering by 'the Colonel', but then we realized our backyard is a park!! So we celebrated and played in that gorgeous setting. Son and daughter, son-in-law and daughter-in-law, and all 4 grandkids were with us on a beautiful spring day. Phone calls came in from our other son and daughter making it complete. A mom couldn't ask for more. I'm allowed bragging rights, so here are some pics of my adorable grandchildren.

No comments:

Post a Comment