Thursday, May 21, 2009

Any Advice?

As you know we just moved into this rental home a little over a month ago. I took this pic of the living room the first week after unpacking boxes. It still pretty much looks the same. No drapery yet on the large picture window... still getting used to the giant fanlight on the ceiling... and that is a putty colored suede sofa at the left of the picture. Yes, one living room, two sofas. It's surprising, though, that it works. There is plenty of room for traffic flow around both of them. My dilemma, however, is this: Now that summer is right around the corner and the temperature outside is beginning to reflect this, I am looking for a way to make the look match the season. A bit fresher, cooler, and lighter. I do love red, can you tell? But I am open to change. Do you have any suggestions? I would love to get your ideas.
Thanks, bobbi.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bobbi :)

    Gosh, I dunno... I think more white or off-white accents and fresh flowers might do the trick. It's a beautiful room, no matter what season though :)

    Oh and thank you for telling me about the PB&J song. Rich and I had a great laugh LOL

    rue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tips, rue. I love the idea of fresh flowers to perk up the room!
    You need to know that we're even now:) I gave you the PB&J song, and you gave me my new BFF: Fleur de Sel Caramel ice cream. It's wicked good!!

    ReplyDelete