Tuesday, April 7, 2009


My Toile Obsession
I have always loved toile. It's so classic and comes in so many variations. I especially love the ones with country scenes on them, and when I found this Waverly fabric on sale for a fraction of its regular retail price I grabbed it up!
My new house is a basic builder's tract-type house. Nothing special. It's an adjustment for me, for sure. But I want to give it the feel of a comfy cottage in the French countryside. ( I can dream, can't I?!)
So yesterday, armed with my recently acquired toile fabric, I made curtains for the master bedroom and bathroom. Anyone who knows me knows I can't sew. However, give me a glue gun, safety pins, and some fusible webbing and my creative juices flow! About 15 years ago I made a sofa slipcover out of a queen-size bedsheet that had a floral pattern on it that I just adored. I cut the sheet to fit the sofa and pinned it in place. No one ever knew I hadn't sewn it, unless I told them. Of course, I let a few in on my clever secret.
Now my bedroom and bathroom windows have beautiful toile fabric that I glued over the top of some green drapes that hung in the family room of the Gopher Hill house. Anyone remember those?
I plan to get pictures of these toile lovelies up on my blog as soon as I can solve the camera/computer cable issue. Grrrrr! Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Bobbi,

    I wanted to stop by and thank you for visiting such a wonderful comment. I appreciate that you added my button to your blog.

    I, too, like so many love Toile Fabric!!! It is hard not to love it. I hope you stop by again. :)

    ReplyDelete