Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Memories To Take With Me

I took a walk last Saturday to the edge of the backyard at Gopher Hill Place. This yard served as the backdrop for so many weddings, family and church gatherings, and baseball games with the grandboys. It is parklike and lovely on a sunny Spring day.
The master bedroom looks very different without any furniture. I loved the arched windows in this room, but it made it very difficult to sleep in on the weekends with the sunbeams shining through.

Early Saturday morning I got up (out of my sleeping bag because all the furniture has been moved out) and walked into my favorite room of the house. The early morning light streaming through the dining room was gorgeous. This was one of those dining rooms that got a LOT of use! Many, many family gatherings and wedding receptions took place here. Beautiful memories.

This post is mostly for my sake. I will take these memories with me of a place that I loved and that loved me back.




1 comment:

  1. HI Bobbi,

    I am sure it has to be very hard to leave a place that is filled with such wonderful memories! Just remember you are taking them all with you :) Also, wanted you to know that We Bloom Girls just passed a Blog Award on to you and you can pick it up over on our site at

    http://www.thebloomgirls.com/2009/04/we-graciously-accept-our-first-blog.html

    We enjoy your blog! Have a great week!

    Blessings!

    Karyn & Nola

    ReplyDelete