Thursday, April 16, 2009

My Toile Bedroom





































I finished the toile drapery and curtains in the master bedroom and master bath. The bedroom has a large window that was already outfitted with pink blinds. Eventually I will replace these with something like a matchstick or bamboo shade for texture. (They really don't look as pink in person as in the photo. Yikes!)








One wall has a very long and very narrow window that only serves the purpose to let in light. I covered it with a piece of muslin gathered at the top and the bottom. Then, I covered a piece of cardboard with the toile and added some black fringe to give it a little pizzazz at the top. The window still lets in plenty of light, but now gives us privacy. No fishbowl look in the middle of the night! I had enough fabric left over to cover the two lamps on either side of the master bed. They were the rectangular Asian ones I have had in the past two houses.








Hubby likes the fact that the room looks cozy, comfy and not frilly. Me, too!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE it! the lamps are extra adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute lamps! Where did you get them?
    Black & White toile has to be one of the most elegant and refined looks. You can find some really fabulous envelope and toile square pillows for the bed or bedspreads. Love what you've done so far.

    Douweville Home Decor: http://www.bonanzle.com/booths/douweville

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought these lamps about 5 years ago at the Bon Marche furniture store. (they originally had Japanese lettering on them) That store has since gone out of business, and the Bon Marche was bought out by Macy's. Thanks for the comments. It's a work in progress, just like my life!

    ReplyDelete