Tuesday, March 31, 2009


Goodbye, Gig Harbor

It's official! As of March 21, 2009 we are no longer residents of Gig Harbor, WA.
Can you believe we have lived here for 19 years!!
We moved in 1990 with four kids and 2 dogs. Craig was 12, Kristin was 11, Rachel was 9, and Scot was 6.
Nineteen years later, Craig is finishing up his Master's Degree, Kristin, Rachel and Scot are all married and I have 4 wonderful grandchildren. Time does fly!!
How fortunate we've been to have lived in such a beautiful part of the country. I will miss the harbor. I'll miss the sea water, the daily spectacle of Mt. Rainier, and even, the rain.
In my new home there is an enormous evergreen tree that partially blocks the view out of my living room window. It's a grand and stately specimen, and reminds me so much of the fir trees in Gig Harbor. I'm so happy to look at it every day. It makes me feel as though I've packed a bit of home with me and brought it to my new surroundings. A comfort.
I think I'm going to like it here.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Bobbi~big changes for you! Good luck with settling in. I love the Robert Frost poem below as well..have a good night!

    ReplyDelete