Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A walk to Al's Grocery with sights along the way








The weather has been so nice this week. I went for a walk and took my camera to capture some of the local sights I often taken for granted around here. Potholes! The ones in our lane are sure sign of Spring approaching! On the way to the grocery store I passed the little, white church that is so Norman Rockwell-ish and the beautiful property of our retired neighbor. As I headed down the hill I could see the bay. The tide was out and a heron was standing like a statue in the mud. I tried to get his picture, but he was not cooperative. Instead, I saw this poster for a missing dog. If you can't read the name, it's "Shredder". I was hoping as I read it that the dog's owners would find him (or her) before I did.
Oh, I also took a picture of a pretty purple flower that is in my previous post. It was
growing right out of the middle of our front yard. A volunteer! It made me smile and with that I bid Old Man Winter good riddance.

No comments:

Post a Comment