Wednesday, October 14, 2009

My roof's got a hole in it and I might drown


(singing): "Ah, ah...oh no, don't let the rain come down. My roof's got a hole in it and I might drown. Oh yes, my roof's got a hole in it and I might drown."
Do you remember this song? I am not sure who composed it, but I remember it being sung by the Serendipity Singers. I think an all guy group sang it, too. (Man, am I dating myself)
I've had this song stuck in my head since yesterday when I walked into the kitchen to turn off the tea kettle and felt a drop of water land on the top of my head. It had been raining most of the day, but not indoors! As I glanced up at the ceiling I could see where water had saturated a small area of the taping up there and was beginning to drip down. This is when it pays to be a renter. LOL!
The roofer will be here this morning to look over the problem and get started on correcting it. Meanwhile, I am recalling my 60's childhood and humming along to the tune ..."ah, ah. Oh no, don't let the rain come down..."

No comments:

Post a Comment