Thursday, June 11, 2009

My House Is Crying

Do you think houses can cry? Or do they just look sad? Granted, this picture of Gopher Hill Place was taken a year ago when we lived there and life was settled. We moved away last March due to a job/life change. The house is going through a short sale. We have passed the original closing date waiting for bank approval and are now scheduled to close the last day of June. If the sale doesn't go through we are facing foreclosure. I admit it's been an emotional roller coaster. We go back as often as we can just to keep the place from looking abandoned. We mow the lawn, pull a few weeds, dust and sweep the inside, but the place just feels so lonely. It breaks my heart to see it this way. I think it would be much easier for me if it were a "normal" sale where the buyers move in 3 days after the closing date, a month or less after papers are signed, and life keeps humming along. But, since this isn't normal circumstances the house sits empty and all alone, waiting for someone to love it. I don't like empty houses. Or the thought of them. I think a house needs life breathed into it with people and activity and the daily routines whirling within its walls. I pray that this sale will finalize soon, and that this house will once again get its smile back.

2 comments:

  1. I think they cry, but since you're still taking care of it, I don't think yours is. I'm so sorry you had to leave her, but I'm praying the sale goes through for you.

    rue

    ReplyDelete